According to Reliable, Apple plans to release a suite of new products in 2023, including updated MacBook Pros, a new Mac Pro, an updated full-size HomePod, and new iPhone models in the fall. Bloomberg Journalist Mark Gurman and many reports and rumors.
2023 is expected to be a busy year for Apple, with the main star of the year being the company’s upcoming AR/VR headset. Apple has reportedly shifted many of its resources to work on the new product, leaving other products with a less-than-exciting year. Here’s what we expect to see in 2023 for each product in Apple’s lineup:
- Macbook Pro: Updated 14-inch and 16-inch models with M2 Pro and M2 Max chips are expected to be announced in the first half of this year. No major design updates are expected considering the redesign announced in October 2021.
- mac pro: The brand new Mac Pro with the M2 Ultra chip is in the works, with no design changes compared to the current 2019 model. Unlike the current Intel-based version, the new Mac Pro will not have user-upgradeable RAM as it is tied directly into the M2 Ultra.
- iMac Pro and iMac: A new high-end all-in-one Mac desktop is “on and off” Apple’s roadmap, according to Gurman. An iMac Pro is unlikely to arrive in 2023, but an updated 24-inch iMac with the M3 could arrive later in the year.
- Macbook Air: An update to the M2 MacBook Air announced in June is unlikely this year. However, for 2023, Gurman says that Apple is planning a larger 15-inch MacBook Air to join the Mac lineup. Gurman also noted that the 12-inch MacBook “is no longer on Apple’s near-term road map.”
- mac mini: A new Mac mini with M2 Pro and M2 Max chip options is expected in 2023. Some rumors suggest that it will feature a design similar to the existing model with the M1 and will replace the Intel-based Mac mini currently in the lineup.
- ipad: The iPad mini, iPad Air, and the entry-level iPad may get minor spec updates this year, but don’t expect any major design or hardware changes. After a minor spec bump with the M2 last October, the iPad Pro won’t see any new updates in 2023. New 11-inch and 13-inch iPad Pro with OLED displays are expected in the first half of 2024.
- apple watchApple Watch Series 9 and the second-generation Apple Watch Ultra are expected to arrive in September, along with the new iPhones. According to Gurman, the Apple Watch won’t see any major hardware updates this year, with only minor performance upgrades.
- AirPods: AirPods will not get any major update this year. The second-generation AirPods Pro were announced in September, and no updates are expected for some time.
- Apple TV and HomePod: A new Apple TV isn’t expected in 2023, but there is a new full-sized HomePod. According to Gurman, the new HomePod will have a similar design to the previous full-size model, but a cheaper price tag, a new processor, and a new touch control panel on top.
- AR/VR Headset: After years of rumors, 2023 is the year Apple appears to be ready to announce its highly anticipated AR/VR headset. Expected to be called the “Reality Pro,” the upcoming headset is rumored to be announced this spring ahead of WWDC in June. The headset will be a high-end and niche product, costing between $2,000 and $3,000.
- iphone: The iPhone 15 lineup slated for September will have four models, including two standard and two high-end models. All models in the iPhone 15 lineup are expected to feature Dynamic Island and USB-C. The high-end iPhone 15 models will feature titanium frames and solid-state haptic touch volume buttons.
iPhone 15 Pro is expected to arrive later this year with these 6 unique features
Apple’s next-generation iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are expected to be announced in September as usual. Already, rumors suggest that the devices will have at least six special features that are not available on the standard iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus. An overview of six features exclusive to the iPhone 15 Pro model: A17 chip: The iPhone 15 Pro model A17…
iOS 16.3 only has two new features so far
Apple made the first beta of iOS 16.3 available in mid-December, and so far the only new features and changes to be discovered in the upcoming software update are the addition of a hardware security key as a two-factor authentication option for Apple ID accounts. and a new gesture for letting HomePod music playback from iPhone. iOS 16.3 should be publicly released within …
Apple’s 2023 roadmap: When to expect new product launches this year
Apple is reportedly planning to launch at least 10 Apple devices this year, with new product releases planned for each quarter of the year. After months of rumors about Apple’s many upcoming devices, we’ve gathered information from a number of sources to provide a tentative roadmap for the company’s launch plans this year. The timelines below are based on information received from…
AMD claims new laptop chip is 30% faster than the M1 Pro, promises up to 30 hours of battery life
This week at CES, AMD announced a suite of new chips for notebook and desktop computers, with one notable announcement being the company’s new AMD Ryzen 7040 series of processors for ultrathin notebooks that will compete alongside Apple’s M1 Pro and M2 chips. will compete. The AMD Ryzen 7040 series of chips are “ultrathin” processors based on the 4nm process, and are the highest-end chip part of the family …
The first deals of the year are here for the Apple Watch Series 8 and Ultra with the best prices ever on Amazon
It’s been weeks since we tracked down solid discounts on the Apple Watch Series 8, and today Amazon is offering the first of its kind deals for 2023. Below you’ll find the 41mm and 45mm Apple Watch Series 8 models, as well as the sale on some. Apple Watch Ultra Markdown. Apple Watch Series 8 41mm GPS Starting with the Apple Watch Series 8, you can get the PRODUCT(RED) Aluminum Edition for $349.00,…
Kuo: Apple no longer planning to launch iPhone SE 4 next year
According to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple has informed suppliers that it has scrapped plans to release the fourth-generation iPhone SE in 2024. Kuo previously said that the fourth-generation iPhone SE would be canceled or postponed, but now he firmly believes that the device has been cancelled. In a post on Medium today, Kuo said that Apple plans to introduce its first in-house 5G chip in India.
Google urges Apple not to ‘drop the ball’ on fixing messaging in new billboard pushing RCS
Google is continuing its effort to persuade Apple to adopt the RCS messaging protocol with its #GetTheMessage campaign, this time taking out a huge New Year’s themed ad at Harmon Corners in Las Vegas. Digital Billboard urges Apple not to “drop the ball” on fixing its “pixelated photos and videos”.